Ceremonies  Legal Contact





The legal documents you will need are an original birth certificate or passport or photo ID, including a drivers licence.

If you were previously married, and this marriage ended in divorce, you will need your original Decree Absolute. A Death Certificate is required if your previous marriage ended in Death.
I cannot marry you if these legal documents are not presented to me prior to the wedding.

You will need to complete a Notice of Intended Marriage form. The form should be lodged with me at least one month prior to the date of your wedding after confirming that I am available on the date chosen. This form is current for 18 months and you can download it from www.ag.gov.au
If you are born outside Australia, you will need an Overseas passport or a birth certificate translated into English. All of these papers must be bought with you for sighting by the Celebrant. Please note that you cannot be married in Australia unless you have these original papers with you. You can obtain a Notice of Intended Marriage form from the Australian High Commission, Embassy or the Australian Foreign Affairs Department in your country or complete it when you visit me.
You will be given a presentation marriage certificate on your wedding day. You will need to obtain a stamped registered copy of your full legal marriage certificate from the registry office. I can give you the necessary papers to do this.






Ph: 02 6681 5505

Mb: 0438 206 601


Karen Nurthen
78 Kerr Street

Ballina NSW 2480

Keep In Touch

Email: karen@ballinacelebrant.com.au

Website: www.ballinacelebrant.com.au

Home | Ceremonies | Legal




Copyright 2019 All right Reserved